pH is a measurement of the acidity or alkalinity of a solution. A solution is acidic if the pH is between 0 and 6.9 and it is alkaline if it is between 7.1 and 14. The ideal pH for most hydroponic nutrient solutions is between 5.8 and 6.2, with some exceptions.
The pH of a nutrient solution is one of the most important factors for the uptake rate of essential nutrient ions. Maintaining your pH within the correct range will give your plant access to all the essential ions for optimal growth.
Nutrient lockout will occur if pH levels are outside optimal levels.
- pH Up contains Potassium Bicarbonate to act as a buffer to minimize the need for further adjustment once the solution is at the ideal pH
- pH Up contains Potassium Hydroxide which rapidly increases pH at small doses
- Extra Potassium from pH Up is essential for keeping the proper osmotic balance inside the plant
- Works alongside, and in addition, to all industry leading manufacturer feed schedules
- Concentration of active ingredients on par with competitor brands
- Works for all grow media and methods
pH Up: Potassium Hydroxide 20%, Potassium Bicarbonate 11%
pH Down: Phosphoric Acid 37.5-40%
Directions for Use:
- Measure the pH of your nutrient solution with a meter.
- Add small amounts of pH up or down to your nutrient solution, mix well then measure again.
- Repeat this process until you reach your desired pH levels.
CAUTION: All chemicals must be stored out of reach of children. pH Up and pH down is extremely corrosive, do not swallow. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Wear rubber gloves and safety glasses.
Fully compliant with Transport Canada’s requirements including UN rated packaging. Products conform to Heath Canada’s Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations labeling requirements, as well as the use of child resistant caps. Future Harvest is completely open with the ingredients of these products.